The second tab, Dynamic, is similar to Custom, with all the same functions of being able to add folders, new usergroups and the ability to edit, view and delete existing usergroups.
The main difference between custom and dynamic usergroups is the way users are added to them:
- Custom Usergroups - Are static groups, meaning that once you add users to them they will not change (unless a user's membership expires or you remove them from the group).
- However, you can create a custom usergroup that regularly updates with the dynamic usergroup data.
- Dynamic Usergroups - Are changing and adapt to the criteria which you enter for the usergroup. If a user no longer meets the criteria to be in that group then they will be automatically removed. Similarly, if a user changes and they meet the criteria, when they didn't previously, they will be automatically added to the usergroup.
Creating New Dynamic Usergroups
Clicking on the Add Usergroup icon will bring up the New Dynamic User Group page to the right. To create a new Dynamic Usergroup, give it a name and drag across the filters to define which users you want to be part of this group.
Each filter will have different options you need to choose and define, depending on which filters you pick. Below are the current filters you can drag across to define your Dynamic usergroups:
- Union Member - Is the person a student?
- Alumni - Is the person an alumnas or alumna?
- Eligible to Vote - Did the person vote?
- Referendum - Did the person vote for a referendum?
- Idea/Petition Response - Did this person respond to this idea/petition?
- Student Voice Engagement - Did this person respond to a number of ideas/petitions?
- Group Member - Is the person in a club or society?
- Committee Post Holder - Is the person a committee member of a club or society?
- Committee Post Type - Does the person hold a particular post within a club or society?
- Group Type - Is the person a part of any club or society of a particular type?
- Event Attendance - Did the person attend a particular event?
- Multiple Event Attendance - Did the person attend a number of events?
- Hall Members - Is the person a member of a hall?
- Faculty - Is the person in a particular faculty?
- School - Is the person in a particular school?
- Year of Study - Is the person in a particular year of study?
- Type of Study - Is the person in a particular type of study?
- Course Representative - Is the person a course representative for any programme?
- Sex - What is the university's classification of the person's sex?
- Age - What is the person's age?
- Birthday - Which person has a birthday within the specified date range?
- Nationality - Where was the person born?
- ERASMUS - Is the person on an ERASMUS or other exchange placement?
- Placement - Is the person on an exchange placement abroad?
- Registration Questions - This will allow you to filter users based on answers given from the registration questions you ask when a user initially signs in to your website.
- Mode of Study - Is this student enrolled in a full-time or part-time course?
- Opportunity Response - Did this person respond to this opportunity?
- Volunteers - Is this person a registered volunteer?
- eShop Filters - Did this person purchase a certain number (or more) e-shop products?