Storage & Redundancy
All data is securely held at Amazon’s (AWS) European Data Centre in the Republic of Ireland, which is one of the most secure hosting environments in the world. We utilise Amazon’s EBS snapshot facility to perform point-in-time backup, also held securely at AWS to rollback data to any given point in time in case of data loss or corruption.
As an additional measure we also take live backups of the entire database every 4 hours, again stored securely at AWS.
AWS guarantee an industry proven security mechanism to all of its environments for storing and accessing data.
- Secure access – Customer access points, also called API endpoints, allow secure HTTP access (HTTPS) so that we can establish secure communication sessions with our AWS services using SSL.
- Built-in firewalls – We can control how accessible our instances are by configuring built-in firewall rules – from totally public to completely private, or somewhere in between. And when our instances reside within a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) subnet, we can control egress as well as ingress.
- Unique users – The AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) tool allows us to control the level of access our own users have to our AWS infrastructure services. With AWS IAM, each user can have unique security credentials, eliminating the need for shared passwords or keys and allowing the security best practices of role separation and least privilege.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) – AWS provides built-in support for multi-factor authentication (MFA) for use with AWS Accounts as well as individual IAM user accounts.
- Dedicated connection option – This allows us to configure specific IPs to connect to our AWS servers which helps us to prevent any unauthorized access.
- Trusted Advisor - With AWS premium support we are entitled to trusted advisory reports and suggestion which helps us to identify a security breach to any in our environments in advance.