How to merge user personal accounts with their university account.
- Navigate to Admin > User Account Details > Merge Users
- Click on the Merge User Account Details section, beneath the User Account Details tab.
- Search for a user, in the first 'User email' box, as you type a drop down menu will suggest options, click on the account you mean to choose.
At this point the page will briefly refresh, and return some information about the first account, giving you Name, and DOB, so you can confirm the user.
Search for a user, in the second 'User email' box, as you type a drop down menu will suggest options, click on the account you mean to choose.
As with the previous box, the page will now refresh, and load details of the account.
- Decide which account you want to make primary, and use the '[Mark as Primary]' button below it, which will then become highlighted.
- Simply press the 'Merge Users' button.
You will then be prompted to confirm whether you wish to confirm this merge. Finally you will be taken to a screen summarising the new account details, the email address of the second account will also be listed in the alternate email space.
Notes About Account Merging
On this section you can merge users if they have two user accounts.
For example, this could happen when a student has not received their university ID, but they are able to still register the student union website with their personal credentials.
When the student is provided with their university credentials, later on, you are able to search for the user via name/email and merge both accounts into one.